Thursday, November 16, 2006

BHOLA’S BLESSING – UP TO A POINT

Every time I get insulted in a tea party,
I can seldom come up with a repartee.
It’s only after partaking a joint
That I remember the rejoinder, to the point.

Whenever I write poems, in verses,
My rhymes evoke colourful curses.
And then I have a smoke and lines flow;
My poems are joint efforts, really so.

When suddenly I find myself in trouble
Like when cement won’t mix with the rubble;
I retire, and have a deep toke.
Problems? What problems? It’s a joke!

When I sit and strum my guitar
And my fingers can’t e’en hold a bar,
I go to the toilet for a puff –
Lo! I’m Clapton or Page, in a huff!

And then, when I am stuck at work,
When designs don’t meander, they jerk,
I simply roll up and light a reef –
And suddenly the plans meet the brief.

But when a deadline’s gotta be met
And I realise I’m bound to be late,
To get inspiration, I go get blown.
Alas! By then the client has flown!

3 comments:

electric wind said...

hey, thanks for the comments on my blog!

you've got a unique style too... i liked this one especially. :)

Haridaspal said...

Danke!

paalok said...

Awesome!!