Saturday, May 06, 2006

Competition


Here is a competition for all literary people:

The following poem was found written on the wall of a public toilet many years ago. No one knows who the poet was; there was also no title. However, it is probably one of the finest short poems you are ever likely to read.

THE POEM

Here I sit,
Broken hearted;
Came to shit –
Only farted.


Poetry such as this should not be allowed to die without a title. Readers are requested to read the poem carefully, ponder upon it, scratch their what-nots, and suggest a suitable title for the poem. Unlike the poet’s bowels, this competition is completely open, each reader can suggest as many names as he or she likes.

The competition shall be known as the ENTITLEMENT COMPETITION. We propose to have more such competitions in future. Results would probably be announced on some suitable date.

All the suitable answers will be duly forwarded to Ian Patrick Daley, CEO and General Secretary of I.P.D.L.E. (International Portmanteau for Dissipated Literary Excellence.)

I.P. Daley is someone I greatly admire.

1 comment:

sufferwords said...

My title would be...

pass the dust I think I'm Bowie

Sufferwords